US/ Music Video /1min 50sec/English
4/27/2019 | 6:30 pm
This short film will be screened prior to HER. HIM. THE OTHER
I Dream/YaliniDream was created for an installation of the performance of "RIVER SEE" by Sharon Bridgforth.
The screening at IMFF2019 will be the film world premiere.
YaliniDream is a Sri Lankan Tamil raised in OUTside lands. She conjures spirit through her unique blend of poetry, theater, song, and dance. She lives in the borderlands where poetry is theater is love is movement is song is prayer is rebellion. She looks to reshape reality seeking peace through justice in the lands of earth, psyche, spirit, and dream.
• War Resisters League's Travel Grant (2014)
• Artist in Residence University of Michigan's Center for World Performance Studies (2013)
• Jerome Foundation Travel & Study Grant (2008-2010)
• Poets & Writers Writing Workshop Grant (May 2008)
• Urban Arts Initiative Fellowship (2008)
• Panelist for the Leeway Foundation’s Transformation Awards (2007)
• Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation Artists in Communities
Residency (Asian Arts Initiative July 1st- September 22nd, 2006)
• New World Theater Residency (New World Theater, Amherst,
Mass; June 20th-26th, 2006)
• National Performance Network (Asian Arts Initiative,
Philadelphia; June 28th- August 12th, 2005)
• Network of Cultural Centers of Color Award (June 2005)
• Voices Breaking Boundaries Residency (Diverse Works Art
Center, Houston; September 20th-25 2004)
• Henry Street Settlement Residency (Abron Arts Center,
New York City; January 23rd-February 1st 2004)
Krissy Mahan has been making movies using humor as a feminist tool for 25 years. Mahan’s movies address social issues such as accessibility, gender identity, mental health, immigration, and working class post-industrial cities. Mahan works in public elementary schools, and has recently screened at the 2019 New York Feminist Film Week, the Scottish Queer International Film Festival, Glasgow, London Fringe! Film Festival, London, UK; aGLIFF in Austin; the Toronto Queer Film Festival, Ontario, Canada; the Dyke Drama Film Fest in Perth, Australia, and Pembe Hayat / KUIR Pink Life QueerFest, Ankara, Turkey. Other work is included in festivals/programs that focus on dis/Ability+queerness, and is shown in educational settings and at screenings in support of community groups.
Co-directed by YaliniDream, and Krissy Mahan, in collaboration with Jendog Lonewolf.
Shot in Bed-Stuy Brooklyn.
Photo by “I Love Jendog” Fashion by BlackSnow.nyc.
In resistance, integrity & dignity. Jumping into a clear Brooklyn night sky with moon behind my ear.